The interest of the modern Western world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as a complementary or alternative treatment therapy is rising and gathering popularity due to its holistic approach, emphasis on quality of life and prevention of illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s immune system.
Creating a strong immunity mechanism is critical for the body to identify and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is really a disease as a result of uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from any parts of the body. A weaker or impaired immunity will increase your inclination towards various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also.
Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the various preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
History of Ancient Herbal Remedy – Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is a mushroom frequently used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it really is called Mannetake meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi which means “herb in the spirit”. It was a very rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient time as well as Emperors of the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and long life.
For over 2000 years Reishi Spore Powder has become the most cherished and desired medicinal herb in Asia and rated as among the superior herbs inside the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance to the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption with no unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance in the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was popular as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has shown that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and contains possible therapeutic potential being a health supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer.
Medicinal mushrooms including Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi) and Cordyceps have well been documented in numerous recent scientific studies to become potent medicine to boost and support the body’s immune function from certain compounds inside them like polysaccharides which raise the activity in the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) which are vital to remove foreign cells(including cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published in the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 indicated that Freeze Dried Goji Berry Powder clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential as a dietary supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health And Fitness Benefits of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own immunity mechanism by promoting the activity of antibodies
* increases the body’s resistance to stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* enhances the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports an ordinary, restful sleep
* enhances vitality and energy
Suggestions to choose the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it provides the highest quality extract and it has most scientific evaluations
* choose individuals with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and absorbed by body
* wood log cultivation – this determines the potency of hyazxb resulting fungus
* try to find Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the steadiness of Shiitake Mushroom Extract active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the potency of reishi lies in the polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations are available, like extracts, dietary supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.